Tuesday, January 29, 2013

THE PASSION


I LOVE ACCOUNTING...   

I remember the first time, i picked up an accounting text book, and begun to learn about journaling, trial balance, balance sheet, income statements, cash flow statement. I remember feeling like i was learning a new language. It was amazing, I couldn't believe how easily i understood a totally new subject matter on my first try with no tutor, just me and my books. It made so much logical sense, like when and how to calculate FIFO and LIFO, how to create an income statement for a partnership. Accounting held the key to understanding the business world... which is where I knew I belonged. The best thing about accounting was that it was so practical and so easily applicable to real world situations. I had never studied a subject that was so practical. How refreshing, I thought. I knew then I had stumbled onto something I loved. I must admit some of the technical words in the beginning tripped me up and I had to become best friends with the thesaurus section of the text book. Hint to those taking up accounting, be friends with the glossary sections of your text book, it makes life a whole lot easier. I didn't understand why so many people disliked the subject. What is more interesting than decoding and translating numbers from a series of mindless figures into a coherent information system?






1 comment:

  1. I love it! May God continue to guide you on this incredible journey! So glad you are following your dream :)

    ReplyDelete