Sunday, April 28, 2013

ORIENTATION DAY: SCHULICH MASTER OF ACCOUNTING

It is to my greatest delight to report that I attended orientation at Schulich School of business this Friday. I had the pleasure of sitting on the same table as the Dean and program director as well as other prestigious members of the Schulich team. I felt very honoured. This however does not blind me to the amount of work ahead. I know that this year is going to be an interesting ride. A lot of hard work but I have faith that the end will justify the means. I give thanks to my supportive loving husband who has been a great support in allowing me to make it into this program. The Schulich Master of accounting is an innovate program created as a solution to a recent study found on the Canadian broad casting website about the unemployed generation in Canada. You can find this documentary at http://www.cbc.ca/doczone/episode/generation-jobless.html   .  The documentary elaborates about the jobless state of undergraduates from Canadian universities especially those in the arts and social sciences. Thus the Master of accounting at York seeks to retool such individuals to areas of the economy such as accounting that is still a high demand market for graduates. I am fortunate enough to be one among seventeen chosen from seventy applicants. I have my first class tomorrow and looking forward to it with the eager anticipation of a five year old child. I must say I am eager to learn all I can from this program in order to be able to steer my career where I want it to go. I will keep you posted on the first day of class. For Monday’s class I have covered chapters one and two, the accounting environment and financial statement: a window on entity. 

1 comment: