Wednesday, February 20, 2013

BRINGING YOUR A-GAME


BRINIGING YOUR A-GAME.
This article is inspired by Netflix miniseries known as HOUSE OF CARDS which I encourage anyone above eighteen to see. It is basically about a congressman who plays dirty politics up on the hill after he is passed over for a position he was promised. His entire focus is revenge and wakes up every day scheming for months on end as to how he is going to topple the president’s administration, bringing down the house of cards. Despite, the horrible ruthlessness with which he unfolds his plan, what I find admirable in Kevin Spacey’s character is his dedication to his life, career and success. He wakes up each day to bring what I call his A-Game. Although this series is fictional, we can learn something from it. Folks do you wake up each to bring you’re A-game? When the sun hits your eye are you revving to go or are you dreading the day. Bringing your A-game each day takes discipline, its takes courage and it takes dedication. This is the kind of dedication I want to bring to my accounting career. This means I have to be ruthless with myself, fighting enemies of success within my soul. Each day I have to be an athlete; focused, determined, with my eye on the prize. Since I started doing this, bringing my A-game as a daily discipline, I have realized what a silver gloved thief time is. It is so easily escapes our grip taking with it our opportunity and ability to carve our lives. Being efficient with time is crucial for success in any form. Bringing your A-game will require that you focus your mind, and employ your thinking abilities each minute you are awake. It is amazing how easy the human mind can descend into auto pilot lost in the abyss of autonomy. The danger when we do this is letting go of one of the most important gifts bestowed upon the human race; our ability to direct our lives. Your A-game needs every decimal of focus and control you can bring to every second of the day. It needs you to live each day ALIVE ….in every sense of the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment