Tuesday, February 12, 2013

THE IMMIGRANT'S JOURNEY ; FINDING YOUR WAY THROUGH THE MAPLE TREES


THE IMMIGRANT'S TALE:
Developing a professional life in Canada can be full of mystery for a lot international students who graduate through Canadian university with no work experience due to the fact that they do could not participate in co-op nor apply for a work permit allowing them to seek employment outside campus. Thanks to Chretien this law of denying work permits to international students before they find employment has been altered. Navigating life after school however is still full of hurdles, especially when you are isolated from family and people who could direct your steps. For all such students and young professionals I recommend Integration Resource Canada. Naomi and Bruce have a passion for helping people who have recently migrated to Canada to find their place in Canada. It was during one of my coffee shop visits with Naomi that I started to consider embarking on my journey to chartered accountancy. I expect I am not home free yet, there will be bumps along the way but I know I will have Naomi encouraging me and teaching me the ropes along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the kind comments, Christine.

    Accounting offers so many opportunities. It appears that no matter how much technology ncreases, accountants will always have as role - in this case technology making their work easier. What makes accounting exciting is that it is an in-demand profession that covers all industry sectors.
    Naomi Fowlie

    ReplyDelete